Monday, December 20, 2010

I am about to get Real-Sanctus Real that is!

I have been thinking for a very long time about writing this post-plus I keep hearing my sister-in-laws words over and over in my head-"Thank Heavens for Little Boys is getting a little old". Thanks for the little nudge J-I needed it and I hope you are rocking it in pheasant country!!!

No really-she is right-I have my little list of blogs saved on my Google Chrome browser that I check often-and by often-I mean 2 times a day! :) And I get a little "irked" when I don't get to find out what is going on in every one's life-with a day to day account-I mean don't they know that I am vested in their lives and I need some reading material when it is "mommy time"? And then I thought-Jami-you are being a little hypocritical-why do you expect these mothers who so graciously share their parenting tips, decorating tips, cooking tips (ok so I don't partake so much in the cooking ones), and spiritual insight-to take time out of their busy schedule to write some great inspiring blog post just for you? Who do you think you are? How long has it been since you posted anything-don't you think that people are wondering what is going on with your family? I suppose that I really didn't think that too many people read this blog-until J said something at Thanksgiving-and it made me feel good that she said something-cause that means she does care! So-I hear by promise to write a little more often, post a few more pics of the Gibbs boys, and share more of my random thoughts with you guys! And if things don't always make sense-trust me the things I write usually sound much funnier in my head! HA!

Getting back to the title of this post-I have something I have been wanting to share for a long time-I just have not taken the time to do it. There is a song by a Christian group, Sanctus Real called, "Lead Me". I absolutely love this song-not particularly b/c of the way it sounds-but b/c of what it says. I have never heard a song that brought me to tears because it so truly resonated down in my soul like this one!!! I have also never heard a song that I thought truly laid out how I feel about Jeff, as my husband and as the father of our children. Jeff and I have not always put God first in our lives and in our marriage; but for the last 2 1/2 years we have truly tried. I don't think that I can even explain how it happened other than when your husband is truly seeking and following God; his true heart becomes visible. There is no more security that I need other than this; when it comes to a husband and father. I always knew as a little girl that I wanted a husband that was Godly and someone that would make me feel as secure as my own dad did-and now I can say with TRUE CONVICTION that I not only have that in Jeff-I CHERISH it daily-no every second. Don't get me wrong-we still are 2 different people and have times where we differ greatly-but with God at the center and not just Jami or Jeff at the center-marriage is more than I ever dreamed it would be! And it is only going to get better. I really don't know that I can even convey in words what God has done in us, through us, and to us-but I know I want more! When I heard this song-I knew that I had a husband that asked God daily for help-help to lead his family the way he should-and that filled me up with such sweet emotion for my husband I almost could not contain it! I love him so much and I am so blessed he is mine-Thank you God!

I have posted a video from YouTube in the post above this one and it contains the song and lyrics for Lead Me -May it bless you like it has me!


1 comment:

  1. Love it!!! Thanks for the new post! I check your blog often hoping for a new one! I need pics of my nephews!!

    ReplyDelete