Sunday, October 4, 2009

Lane Jeffrey Gibbs is 4!!









Can you believe it-this handsome young man is already FOUR YEARS OLD-as of September 23. (So I dont quite post things in a timely manner) I can believe it, but it is hard and makes me want to tear up a little, or a lot! I remember the day that this character was born-Lord Mercy did my life ever change. He kind of had a hard time getting here (thanks to the Doctor, but lets not go there cause I gave that to God) and there were many prayers said before and during his birth. Let me also say that there were many prayers said after his birth-and you know what-I have realized that the prayer for both my children will never cease. Even though sometimes I have days where I feel like "Calgon Take Me Away" is my motto-nothing compares to the love for a child or the blessings that they bring. I would have to say one of the biggest and best blessings that I have recieved would be a better understanding of God's love for me, as HIS child.
You might be asking (and I am sure you are), "What was the party theme this year?" Well, we had round 2 of a baseball party! That's right, we had baseball for year 3 and for year 4. It is kind of endearing, isnt it? Let me tell you, it made things quite easy: same balloons, same wrapping ideas, and even some of the same presents. MiMi and Big Dad cooked yummy hot dogs, hamburgers, and nachos; just like at the baseball park. But we did have a differnt cake-thanks to Mae Mae- we had an adorable group of cupcakes all decorated together to look like a baseball glove with a ball. It was absolutely adorable and delicious! I think that it was very cute that Lane asked for a baseball party the second year in a row and he was very adament about getting a baseball glove, ball, bat, bike, guitar (thanks to cousin Jax and Brooks), and a whistle (shout out again to cousin Jax and Brooks). Come to think of it-I have not seen the whistle since the party....hmmmmm! All in all we had a wonderful time and I was so very glad that my parents could be here this year for the fun! My life is so full of blessings, I really cant even express it. God is Good!!!!
























































































No comments:

Post a Comment