Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's Been a While














Well- Its been a while since I have last posted here, actually March 3rd, and I apologize. Jeff and I have been trying to do a lot with the boys to get them out of the house since the weather here has been WONDERFUL! It has been around 85 and sunny every day. We bought the boys a kiddie pool and they are lovin' it! (I love it to b/c I have an excuse to lay out in the sun ;)
The boys had tons of Chucky Cheese tokens left over from Christmas, so Jeff and I decided to take them one day in the middle of the afternoon. This is the absolute best time to take your kids b/c older kids are in school and the whole place was practically empty! It was as if we had run of the whole place. Luke likes to put tokens in the "kiddie" rides, sit for about 10 sec and then go to another one-so some other kid practically gets a free ride. Try to explain this to a 2 year old-NOT EASY! Lane really likes to play the basketball machine with daddy (Jeff likes this one too) The boys had a really fun time-but the best part of the Chucky Cheese visit was Jeff dancing with the singing animals-HILARIOUS!
That weekend we took the boys to the beach on Sunday. It was a beautiful sunny day and the tide was not in so the water was VERY SHALLOW! When the tide is not in it makes it easy for the boys to really enjoy the water. It allows us to walk out in the water and see what is on the bottom of the ocean. There are tons of little tiny "snails" with shells that crawl in the sand under the water. It is really cool to sit down and watch them and Lane loved putting them in his hand to experience them up close. Lane is a real water baby-he loves to "swim" and is not afraid to venture out at all, but Luke is a little more reserved and wants someone to hold his hand while he is in the water.
This last Sunday we decided to have some family time. We first took the boys to Petland. They really love this pet store b/c there are tons of animals and you can look and pet most of them. The sales people are so nice and will ask you about 100 times if you want them to get an animal out to pet. There are individual stalls that allow you to have some one on one time with a dog or cat. Well after looking at mice, hamsters, ferrets, gerbils, parrots, parakeets, fish, snakes, spiders, and lizards, the boys decided they wanted to pet a dog. Lane picked out a Golden Retriever that was asleep-but let me assure you he was no dud. When we got him in the stall he let us know he was all puppy. He started to "chew" on the boys shorts, which kind of scared them. Thank goodness the sales person gave us some toys for him to chew on. He was a really cute puppy-but I am not so sure this is the kind of dog for us. Next we took the kids to the park to drive their John Deere Gator and play baseball. Lane has so much fun playing ball with daddy-and he is really good. If it is sports related-the kid picks it up really fast. He hits the ball about 95% of the time.
Anyway-we had a great time together and I am so blessed that I have a beautiful family to spend time with. I am so thankful that I have this time with my boys-they are growing so fast and I cant even hardly think about it w/o crying. I cant believe that my baby boy Luke will be 2 on Friday-it makes me sad! He is such a Godsend and God knew exactly what I needed when he sent him to me! Precious!













No comments:

Post a Comment